Credit Counselling Services in Calgary & Edmonton region
REDUCE DEBTS UPTO 70%
Stop harassing CREDITOR CALLS immediately
Get the largest DEBT REDUCTION that is fair
Calgary: (403) 337-4000 | Red Deer: (403) 337-4000 | Edmonton: (780) 666-2600
Start Living Debt Free!
Book Your 1 Hour FREE personal, no obligation consultation today.
8 Ways to Keep and maintain Good Credit:
- Manage your finances wisely and use common sense.
- Pay your bills on time.
- Don’t borrow more than you can afford to repay in a reasonable length of time.
- Don’t apply for credit too often.
- Establish emergency savings. This will help you to not rely on credit when tough times come or unexpected things happen.
- If something bad should happen, communicate with your creditors right away.
- Resolve all credit disputes quickly. Although you may think you are in the right, if the dispute drags on and you don’t make your payments, your credit rating will be hurt—even if the problem wasn’t your fault.
- Check your credit report once a year to make sure that no one else has applied for credit using your name
Steps you can take to create an amazing credit score
When you see a certified counselor at CREDIT720, we:
- Analyze your current financial situation by going over a monthly spending plan/budget for your individual profile. This will provide an insight into money inflows and money outflows.
- We will develop a plan that will fit your needs and meet the expectation of your creditors. Many creditors recognize an effort to make arrangements with them through a structured plan like a debt management program and may make concessions such as adjusting your interest rate, reduction in required payments, and debt settlement offers.
- We pinpoint the changes you can make to improve your consumer habits and we help you determine what your short and long term goals are.
- Once your finances are stabilized by the immediate measures that CREDIT720 will bring about for you, CREDIT720 shall help you further and educate you about managing your finances in order to avoid the same issues from recurring. CREDIT720 will enable you to plan for a better financial future.
There are options available to you as a consumer that can help you re-establish your credit regardless of if you filed a consumer proposal or bankruptcy. Some of these are listed below:
- Pay all essential bills on time (i.e. phone, cable, rent, utilities, etc.)
- Apply for a secured credit card
- Pay more than the minimum payment on your credit card
- Have someone co-sign a future loan whom you know and can trust
R0 – Too new to rate; approved but not used;
R1 – Pays (or paid) within 30 days of payment due date or not over 1 payment past due
R2 – Pays (or paid) in more than 30 days from payment due date, but not more than 60 days, or not more than 2 payments past due;
R3 – Pays (or paid) in more than 60 days from payment due date, but not more than 90 days, or not more than 3 payments past due;
R4 – Pays (or paid) in more than 90 days from payment due date, but not more than 120 days, or not more than 4 payments past due;
R5 -Account is at least 120 days overdue, but is not yet rated “9;”
R7 – Making regular payments through a special arrangement to settle your debts;
R8 – Repossession or surrender;
R9 – Bad debt, bankruptcy, placed for collection, or moved without giving a new address.
Excellent Credit Score: 750+
Good Credit Score: 700-749
Fair Credit Score: 650-699
Poor Credit Score: 600-649
Bad Credit Score: Below 599